Monday, February 13, 2012

Being Content

  I just read an amazing post about being content with what you have. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this persons blog! She (I think it's a she) has several ideas that I am going to use. I think I am going to take one of her suggestions and write a list of things I have to be thankful for, but I'm going to take it a step further. I think I'll make a few lists and put them in different places like on my fridge (for when I'm complaining about having 'nothing' to eat) and in my wallet (for when I'm tempted to buy something I think I 'need'). I'm hoping it will have a Pavlov's dog type effect and thinking about what I have already will come automatically.


  I find that at least once a day I wish I had more money. But I really want to be content with what I have. I have an apartment that's all mine, PLENTY of clothes (more than I need), blankets to keep me warm in the winter, food (most of the time), clean water, a job, and an amazing family that I get to see all the time. That is more than some people can say. This reminds me of a verse: 22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:23-25 (NIV)

  I am going to try to remember this verse whenever I start worrying about money. Even though my life isn't perfect, and some of my family members have health problems, I really am blessed. I know God is there for me and I need to let him give me peace when I start stressing!! 

My Grandparents. They live in town and I love that I get to see them!

My mom, dad, and two sisters! Best family EVER!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment